Thursday, July 26, 2007

trying not to grow weary

I think today may have been one of my most challenging days of being a mom yet. I am clinging to this verse today as I struggle not to grow weary in my parenting.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9 Notice how it says at the proper time.
So many times (even in just one day!) I want to just give up. To believe that this is just too hard, and that I am not getting anywhere in my parenting. Having a 12 year old will quickly do that to you! I am trying to keep my head up and my eyes focused on Christ, and trust His Word that says: The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:8
So, that means that if I give up, cave in, get angry, grow weary, (my sinful nature) then I will reap destruction. If I keep my eyes on the Lord, and sow from the Spirit with peace, joy, patience, self control, then I will reap eternal life...in my children I hope.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm praying for you, Deidra. I think we all have those weary days and need to uphold each other with prayer and biblical encouragement. I'm glad God promises we will reap if we faint not. Thanks for the reminder of the eternal weight of glory.

Hang in there!

Kelly said...

The battle is on and I will be praying daily! Keep that shield of faith up. You are living out what it means to "walk in TRUTH." I am so excited to see where God is taking you.

Deidra said...

Thank you girls for praying for me. There is nothing better than knowing that people are standing in prayer for you when you feel weak from the enemies schemes. We just have to remember how much power he has.... NONE! I am thankful for God's great glory today.