Monday, July 23, 2007

taking out the trash


This morning during my quiet time I came across 2 more verses that helped me to understand how to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh. They both refer to our thoughts. I think a lot of the times that I fall back into the flesh it is because of my thoughts. One negative or wrong thought can spiral into walking in the flesh.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:3
Being transformed by the renewing of my mind......again, that is a process not an overnight switch. In order for the Holy Spirit to transform me, I have to let Him renew my mind and I must make the choice to change my thoughts. So what should I be thinking??

whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. Philippians 4:8
In quiet time this morning God gave me a vision. A vision help me remember that my mind is in the process of being renewed. My vision was of a garbage can!!! Anything that does not fit into the Philippians 4:8 category, it should go right into the trash can!
Lord help me all day today to fill up that garbage can with anything that is not of you.

No comments: