Monday, July 30, 2007

Thankful for this day

Today has been one of those days when nothing seems to go my way. Good thing the sermon at church yesterday was about finding the positive in every situation! Sometimes today I had to look REALLY hard, but I tried. I woke up at 3:30 and could not fall asleep. It was rather frustrating, because I went to bed early last night because I wanted to get caught up on my sleep and start my week off right with a little quiet time before kids on a Mon. morning. Well, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I prayed about anything and everything I could think of until about 5:30 or so when I think I finally fell back asleep. So much for my quiet rested Monday morning!

I didn't get to read my Bible at all this morning and I tried at least 3 times to sit in my room and pray, only to have Brady banging on the door within minutes crying about something or the other. (he was in one of those moods today) After breaking up endless fights and talking about being kind and not crying or throwing fits all morning, I finally decided we needed to go to the beach. We packed up the whole back of the truck with chairs, boogie boards, sand toys, towels, a cooler and more. We headed to the beach on base. There is a wooden board walk type bridge that you have to walk across to get to the beach and it has to be at least a half mile long. I pushed the stroller piled high with stuff (and Brady) while the 2 older kids lugged the rest. It must have taken us at least 20 minutes to get down to the sand. As soon as we got to the beach and settled ourselves into a spot, the sky got dark and lightning started flashing all around us!! I couldn't believe it!!
I made the decision at the beginning of this long walk back across this pier that the whole way across I would praise God for all that I could. I figured this would help me to keep from grumbling and complaining. It worked! It was hard, because I really wanted to complain, but I know that for all the things I have to complain about, I have 10 fold to be thankful for. I still havn't read my Bible today, and it has taken me the entire afternoon to complete this journal entry. I won't even begin to list all the "disasters" we have had today or how many "situations" I have delt with amongst the kids, but I am thankful for this day, and even thankful for all that has gone wrong with it! :o)

No comments: