Friday, July 27, 2007

Soaring like an Eagle

My friend called me this morning and gave me these 2 wonderful scriptures. I wrote them down, and just meditated on them both all day. The first one was Psalm 73:23-26 I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. What a wonderful reminder that God is always with me and always guiding me. I had a vision of Him when I first read this verse, holding my hand in His just like a little girl and taking me through my journey of parenting. The second part eases all my worries, because it reminds me that He is all I need.....my portion forever! How beautiful.

The second verse was Isaiah 40:29, 31 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak......those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. I love the part of the eagle. It doesn't say I will be frantically flapping my wings, exhausted and trying to stay up in the air (how I have felt a good part of this week!) He says I will soar on wings like eagles. If you have ever seen an eagle flying through the air, the first thing that you will notice is how little they even flap their wings. They hardly use any of their own energy at all. They just open their "arms" and let the wind move them. That is how I want to live. With open arms, letting God lead me. And what would happen if that eagle were to put it's "arms" down by its side??? It would start falling straight downward!! We need to remember to open our wings and let God lead us by the wind of His Holy Spirit.
There is nothing better than a good friend sharing scripture with you when you need it most. Thanking the Lord today for the friends He has placed in my life to make sure I keep soaring!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Deidra, those are beautiful pictures. I loved the one He gave you of the eagle. His flight is effortless becuase of the wind! He will, at times, come in contact with high winds and bad weather causing him to have to work harder, yet, he still moves with the wind. It's like us! God doesn't promise a simple life... becuase when the "winds" come, we do have to ask for more of His strength to pull us through to maintain our "soaring" to the great heights He wants us to go. Thank You Holy Spirit for taking us on this journey! Make us like eagles today!