Tuesday, July 17, 2007

forced to slow down

I went to bed last night with a huge agenda for today on my mind. I had a spur of the moment idea to have a little Birthday celebration for Brady Thursday night with his little neighborhood friends before Bob leaves this weekend. My morning was jam packed with running around to get a few things to throw this last minute little cake and ice cream deal together. It had to be accomplished on a time crunch, because the kids have a craft camp at Michael's at 1:00 and Bob is getting off early today in hopes of taking them to a matinee at the movies. I got all the kids ready and we were in a rush to get to Target and the party store and and sneak in a little visit to my favorite bakery for a coffee and a bagel. Well, I should have known that in all my rushing and fussing (which comes along automatically with rushing) ...oh and don't forget fighting....amongst the kids anyway, about who was bringing what and who was sitting where in the car ect.
I thought I had it all figured out.....Zack hasn't done his reading yet, but he can read to me in the car on the way there, and Tori can do her math when we get back. .......rush rush hurry hurry...we don't have much time... out to the car we run....balancing packages for the post office, purse, bags, water bottles and more......

Well, as you can see we didn't leave. Why am I here on the computer?
You can't get too far when your car doors are locked and the keys are in the front seat!!

The vehicle I am driving is not my own. It actually is a loaner from the dealer. (another story for another day!!) I already called them. They do not know the security code for the key pad, and they don't have a spare!!

I am truly convinced that God hates it when I rush. He really never seems to allow me to be in too much of a hurry. I try, and some how or another he always slows me down! I guess I should take my time, and let God lead....my rushing sure didn't get me too far today!!

As I sit here waiting for the "pop-a-lock" guy to get here (wonder how much that is going to cost me) I will ponder how much we probably miss out on hearing from God when we are in a hurry. I am glad he slowed me down today. Now I will have more time to listen.

No comments: