Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Having the attitude of Abraham

We just recently moved to Florida from far away New Mexico. It has been about 2 months now, and with all the business of the move I really haven't had a whole lot of time to dwell on the fact that I just left some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. Until tonight, when I saw a mini van exactly like my friend's pulling out of the Wendy's parking lot. ( I got a lump in my throat and realized that there will not be any more trips to Wendy's to sneak in an Oreo fix n mix!!!) I think I also got choked up because I am so used to seeing that van and expecting it to be my friend. Alamogordo is a very small town, so there are only so many duplicate cars! For a brief moment I forgot where I was. I forgot that I was so far away from that sweet little town I cried going to initially, but grew to adore.
I have been moving around my whole life, but one thing I have found is that it never gets any easier. It might actually get harder. The dread of getting settled in a new place stems from the fact that you don't really want to get too attached only to have to be tugged away again in 3 or 4 years. My time in NM when by so fast. I really can't even understand why God took me from there. I had some of the best Christian friends, and really was growing in the Lord right where I was. It was really one of my biggest growth spurts ever right there in the dry desert. Go figure! I guess right now, I don't have to know why I am here, just have to be obedient and wait. I know that the Lord must have a good reason. Maybe it isn't even for me. Maybe it is for Bob, maybe for one of the kids. I guess for now I will try to get out of my pit of sorrow and look forward with anticipation. After all, it's not about me......it's about being surrendered so God can do what He needs to do through me.
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. Hebrew 11:8

No comments: