Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Victoria Lynn


Today is Victoria's Birthday. What a day to celebrate. This day is special not only because it was the day God gave us Victoria, but also because it was this day 12 years ago this morning that I became a mother.

It is so neat to see how that tiny little baby girl has turned into a beautiful young girl. There are so many things that I love about Victoria. Her heart is so sweet, and filled with so much love and compassion for others. She has a grateful heart. I love to see her get excited about the simple things in life. Ever since she was a little girl, she has never needed much to make her happy. On Christmas morning she would open one gift, and be done. Even though she still had a pile left to open, she was satisfied with just the one. This always made gift opening such a long task! We had to make her put down the previous gift and open another! She is still that way today. I think I could give her a bracelet from the $1 store and nothing else and she would be totally satisfied. A truly grateful little girl she always has been.

She has such a love of learning. Whether it is science or the Bible, Tori loves to learn. She loves school and gets excited when she learns something new. She also has a love for reading. Ever since she was a baby she has loved to read. She would sit on my lap and let me read for hours! I always wondered how long she really would go with out getting up if I just kept reading! Still to this day she can't put a book down. I buy her a new book, and get upset with her when she reads the whole thing in the first day!
Victoria is one of the most generous kids I have ever met. Even when she was just a toddler you could ask her for her last M&M and she would give it to you with out even hesitating. Even now, if we are short a piece of pie, she will be the first one too give hers up. She then will be sad if you turn her down and someone else goes with out.

I am thanking the Lord today for Victoria. She is truly a gift, and I can not wait to see what impact her sweet loving heart will make on this world one day.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

She is a wonderful gift from God. We miss her here!!!