Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Zack Man


There is one little 7 year old that I just love so much. His name is Zack. I knew from the moment this kid was born he was going to be special! For one thing, every single kid on my side of the family that I can remember, including myself and all my siblings, have always been toe-heads, blond as can be! But not Mr. Zack. He popped out with red hair and now has the sweetest little freckles to match! Did you know that only 1% of the human population has red hair? I told you he was special! :-)

I used to get so tired of people asking me "where does he get his red hair?" me- "Red hair is a recessive gene of a blonde!!" No, I never really said that, but by the time he was 2 I really really wanted to!

He is just my little fire cracker and I love him so much. This week as I looked at him take off for his first day of 2nd grade I just couldn't believe that little baby born in May of the new Millennium had grown up so fast. I just wish I could freeze him right where he is today and enjoy that sweet little freckled face with no front teeth grin a little bit longer. Since I can't do that, I guess I will have to put everything else that I can aside for now so I can enjoy every minute of my kids before their time of being little is over.

I am so thankful today that the Lord has allowed me to stay home and give all I've got to these precious little gifts.

No comments: