Wednesday, August 22, 2007

a great quote

"My Friend, remember to take this life one day at a time. When several days attack you, don't give up. A successful woman takes the bricks that the devil throws at her and uses them to lay a firm foundation. We all need enough trials to challenge us, enough challenges to strengthen us, and enough strength to do our part making this a better place to live and love." ~Barbara Johnson

It is such a challenge not to let the trials of everyday take us down. Instead though, they should be making us stronger. That is what I think I am going to start praying for. When I am dealing with the daily challenges of life, I will pray and ask the Lord to use them to make me stronger. This is part of the sanctification process. Why am I fighting against something that God's word says will get me into the Kingdom of heaven??

....strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” they said. Acts 14:22

I know that the hardships I endure today are molding me into something wonderful for God.

“O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel." Jeremiah 18:6

and I will be ......perfect and complete, lacking nothing." (James 1:2)

Hallelujah for that!!

No comments: