Thursday, August 30, 2007

perfectly??

Sometimes after God teaches us a lesson or opens our eyes to a new way of looking at things, He then will follow it up with a test. I think I might be failing the test.

Ever since I wrote that I would be looking for more ways that Bob and I complement one another in our parenting, our differences have been popping up all over the place. Instead of looking at them in the same perspective I did when I wrote on Tuesday, I have instead let my thinking get off track and turned it into how many ways Bob works against me to contradict everything I want to instill in our children. I know that this is a lie and the enemy trying to drive a wedge between us, but I have bought into it and allowed myself to give in to the negative thinking.

We are both very different, Bob is from the north and I am a southern girl. He is very bold, self-assured and opinionated, I on the other hand am very meek, unassertive and always giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes it seems impossible to see how God will take the 2 of us as different as we are and make kids that are well rounded, but I have to trusted God because I know he can do it. I am sure that Bob wants the kids to be more like him and I of course would like to see them be more like me. (hey do we share a trait of stubbornness???)
Somehow God will "stitch" it all together perfectly. Yes, perfectly.

1 comment:

WallFin said...

I am glad you know when it is wrong and you also know what the right thing is. For a lot of us it is difficult to find the right thing even if realized something is wrong.

We recently had our first child and I can only imagine what it would be like after 3 kids, all of them in different stages of maturity but all with a great need of guidance. All looking up to you to learn their values.

I am extremely happy to see you holding tightly to your faith. I am sure Almightly will make everything alrite. In the meanwhile do learn to relax. Meditate upon God's words of comfort and don't forget to exercise.