Monday, August 20, 2007

weed control

Another area of my home that was neglected last week because of our business, was my garden. Thankfully nothing died because of an irrigation system Bob put in for me that works on a timer. All my flowers automatically get water right at the base of the root system everyday. But, they haven't been fed in over a week and the weeds tried to completely take over! I couldn't believe the amount of weeds that snuck in over just a week of time! As I spent over an hour outside this morning feeding my flowers and pulling a million weeds , it reminded me of my walk with the Lord.

Sometimes I can be really on top of things. Praying everyday, reading the Bible, spending time with God, and my eyes are open and quick to recognize sin. But then there are times when I fall back and before I know it I have gone too long with out spending time in the presence of the Lord, praying to Him and seeking wisdom from His Word. Just like those weeds that try to choke my flowers and deprive them of growing to their fullest potential, sin creeps in and with out me even noticing and tries to choke me, keeping me from growing closer to the Lord.

If I had just spent 10 minutes a day out there pulling a few weeds here and there, I would not have had the enormous 1 hour job today of getting my garden back under control. I feel the same way about my walk. A little time each day will keep me on track and focused on the Lord. I am thankful that the rest of the day, like my automatic irrigation system, the Lord will give me the water I need to keep me firmly rooted in the ground.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This is so true. It's like little victories here and there! And being pruned..... I'm thankful God doesnt leave me right where I am. :) I love coming through the weeds all refreshed and clean once again. Funny the things we learn from.. weeds! :)