Friday, September 14, 2007

Standing until He shows me what to do

This sums up how I feel in my parenting of a pre-teen today! It is a road that I have not yet traveled, and I feel so lost and weak in my efforts.

Sometimes you have done everything you know to do. You abide in Christ and long for His presence. You entrust everything and everybody and keep entrusting day after day. You are faithful to become and change and to seek wisdom and growth. You pray. So all that is left, after you have done everything, is to stand. Maybe you can’t take one more step. Just stand. Maybe you’re tired of the wait. Keep standing. Maybe it seems it will never be your turn. Stand.Maybe today you don’t know what else to do. You are tired and can’t go forward. You have considered just getting out of line and abandoning the wait. Can I ask you to do something? If you are able in this moment, stand up. Physically stand up and pray:God, I cannot see You. I have no idea what to do next. But as an act of my complete trust, I will stand and keep standing until You show me what to do. Amen.
[When Wallflowers Dance: Becoming a Woman of Righteous Confidence by Angela Thomas]

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

No comments: