Thursday, September 13, 2007

early morning blessings

I woke up at 4:15 a.m this morning to a little boy who had wet the bed! (he had a slushy after Tori's game last night! not a good idea!) I was so tired but was amazingly filled with joy even at 4a.m. :-) I got him all cleaned up and back in bed, and as I climbed back in my bed another little face appeared claiming to have had a bad dream. (I think he really just wanted in my bed!) I took him back upstairs and laid with him for a minute,and when I got back to bed it was 5 and I was wide awake! It was so nice though to have a gentleness with them even when I was so tired. God is good!
Anyway, I ended up just getting up and reading and it was so good. Wanted to share 2 things I randomly read this morning. The first one is Proverbs 3:24-26 It is about combating fear with Wisdom. The second was 1Kings 3. It was where God tells Solomon he can have anything he asks for and Solomon asks for Wisdom!! Then because he wanted wisdom more than anything else, God also gave him riches and honor that he did not even ask for. Made me long for a heart like Solomon this morning. :-)

No comments: