Monday, September 10, 2007

just enough for today

Lately I have been so bogged down (in my mind) with all the things I want to accomplish, that I have been choosing to just get overwhelmed, and in turn not accomplishing anything at all. This is the case as far as housework, teaching the kids, completing unfinished tasks around the house. As soon as I try to think about what I want to get done, my mind goes on overload and I start thinking of a million things and a sense of hopelessness comes over me and I just say forget it. I think it has become a form of laziness and idleness for me.
On Sunday my friend (who always seems to know just what to say when I need her to say it
!!) called and we started talking about this situation. She said.."the problem is, we are forgetting that we are supposed to be taking things one day at a time....just accomplishing what we can for today..." We have talked about this before, but I had somehow fallen back off track. The enemy has been using this as a form of distraction for me, and instead of focusing on what I can do I have been focusing on what I can't do.
Today I have started out with my new attitude again. I still have my long to-do list which includes, cleaning all 3 bathrooms, changing 4 sets of bed linens, vacuuming out the car, feeding my flowers, finishing the touch ups painting work through out the house, hanging the last pictures and candles (that have been sitting on the floor since June!!), teaching Brady the entire alphabet including the phonics, getting our web site up and running again, downloading and pruning out 6 months of back log pictures for our albums........that isn't even the end, and already you can see that these things obviously are not going to get done today. So why am I getting so frustrated??
This morning I am remembering to do what I can just for today, and eventually after enough just for today's, all these things will get done! Seems like a simple concept, but somehow I have let the enemy distract me from the obvious.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

No comments: