Friday, September 7, 2007

Listening for Wisdom.... on the go??

I have notced that ever since the school year has started I have had fewer oportunities to sit and read my Bible, write in my blog or even be still long enough to listen for God's wisdom. I keep thinking about Proverbs 2 and the part where it says ...turning your ear to wisdom
I have been thinking about how important it is to still find (or make) time to listen. I long so deeply for His wisdom, but am finding it so hard to find a quiet moment in my day.
Neither of my boys EVER sleep in, and I have given up on any hopes of it in the future. Zack gets on the bus at 7am, so he is up at 6 with Brayden following usually @ 6:30. I could get up 5:00 everyday and have an hour. That is option #1 I guess.

From about 8-10 I do school work with Brayden and Tori works (mostly self directed) until after lunch. Brady only naps about every other day now for never more than an hour. I guess on the off days I could put in a movie for him and that could be option #2.
Zack gets off the bus at 2:00, and it is crazy busy from then on until after dinner. (Actually, until after all the kids are in bed! )

All 3 of my kids are playing soccer with practices 2-3 nights a week plus games on the weekends. We have church on Wed. nights, Boy Scouts now on Tues. nights. I would really like to join a Friday morning Bible study.........how is a girl to catch her breath????
I know that the Lord will speak to me even when we are on the go, but I do really miss those lazy days of summer when I always had time to sit a little more and not be so distracted with all the business. For now I don't see any thing that can be cut out. My 2 older kids love soccer and are both very good at it, not willing to give it up. Zack was sucked in by a boy scout recruiter with the inticment of getting to one day shoot a BB-gun. With all his friends also signed up I don't see much hope in talking him out of that.

After the kids are in bed at night is my only time with Bob. Since time will not allow it in the mornings, I have even been stealing time from him in the evenings to fit in a workout and shower when I can. That usually leads to a late night for us, which would explain why getting up at 5 am is so hard to make a reality.

For now, I guess I will jsut keep praying in the car when we are on the go. I'll try to fit in my Bible and writing when ever time (and Brady) will allow during the day. I might try to start getting up at 5am again that way at least I have an hour each day to start my day off right. I will also keep praying for wisdom. God knows my heart desires more time with Him, and if He wills He will help me find it.

No comments: