Saturday, September 8, 2007

Being more bold in my faith

One area of my walk that I have found the Lord leading me to improve on is to be more bold in my faith. In the book I am reading right now I just finished a chapter titled.....Forfeiting your reputation. That is something the Lord had been leading me toward for quite some time. I am a very shy person, so just walking up to someone and making conversation is very difficult. The Lord has been working on this in me over the years and I have gotten much better at it, but it is still something that I have to really work at. I have to put aside my insecurities sometimes and follow the Lords leading when He calls me to interact with someone. For example a new neighbor moves in and I know that I want to welcome them or bring over a plate of cookies but my insecurities and shyness make it really easy for me to talk myself out of it. I have to force myself to do it sometimes. Being hesitant to bless someone else like this is a form of selfishness. I am more concerned about myself and how I feel or what that person will think of me than I am about taking the opportunity to bless them.
There can be a new person sitting at the table with us at Wed. night dinner at church and I know I should say hello or introduce my family, but I let my shyness keep me from doing so. I realized a while back that during these moments I have to force myself to come out of my comfort zone and do something that I do not want to do in order to please God. It is a challenge for me, but the Lord has been helping me, and the more I do it the more it is starting to come more naturally.
The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1
Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 2 Corinthians 3: 12

No comments: