Friday, November 2, 2007

Peace

I have had such a peace in my Parenting efforts over the past few weeks. It has been so nice compared to the overwhelmed and frustrated spirit I seemed to be filled with for a while. I attribute part of that to the fact that I am feeling better, but I also think the Lord led me to start making some changes to the way I was operating.

For a while I was getting so overwhelmed with all the things I wasn't doing or felt like I needed to do in order to make sure my kids came out to know and love the Lord. I as feeling like there was so much to teach them and so much I needed to learn in order to do it right. I was looking at other parents and other children. Getting terribly discouraged when my children made bad choices or didn't seem to be "getting" any of the things I wanted to instill in them. The bottom line is I was "doing" too much. Today another friends blog made me think of this verse: Psalm 46:10 Be still (stop trying to do it our selves!!), and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth

If He says He will be exalted among the nations and the whole earth, then why would He not be exalted in my children! Of course He will!! I can cease my striving and let Him work! What a peace that brings!

What I am focusing on more now is working on my own righteousness before the Lord, and I know from that, teaching my children and bringing them up in the ways of the Lord will come naturally...it already has!

No comments: