Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankfulness

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. Psalm 100:4

With Thanksgiving only days away I can say that I am so very thankful for the God that provides me with every good thing I have. Sometimes I can be so quick to complain about what I don't have. The best way to combat this is to catch myself doing it and immediately change my complaint into a praise. My house might not be as clean as I would like it to be, but Lord am I ever so thankful for the sweet little children that mess it up so quickly. I may be sad when my husband has to work 12 hour shifts and I feel like I hardly ever get to see him, but Lord how thankful I am that I have him and that he is with us this Thanksgiving rather than on the other side of the world as he was just last year this time.

I pray today Lord that every time I start to complain, you will quickly remind me that I so much to be thankful for. If you never gave me another thing for the rest of my life, you have already given me more than I could ever even deserve!

No comments: