Tuesday, November 6, 2007

more on my fear

I have been praying and pondering more on my entry yesterday about fear. I started thinking even deeper now into what is the root of my lack of faith in God's promise to do towards me good and not harm. The Lord gave me this verse:

this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, O Deidra, he who formed you, O Deidra:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

Isaiah 43:1-3

I think I discovered today that the reason I do not believe the truth that God's plans for me are good, is that I do not believe that I deserve the good. Deep downs inside I know that my sin and my past deserve harm not the good. But this verse says Fear not, for I have redeemed you

I am redeemed! He is my Savior. Why would he save me only to bring me harm?? If he wanted me to experience harm he would have left me in that pit of sin and destruction I was in when He saved me. I guess I need to pray about this and ask God to help me to believe His truths.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is one of my very favorite passages in the Bible. I love a few verses down where God tells us we are precious to Him. These words do calm our fearful hearts.

Thanks for the encouragement.