Monday, November 5, 2007

Fearing

I am struggling terribly this week with fear. I wish I could just defeat this thing once and for all. I believe that I probably never will though, because it is one thing that keeps me constantly crying out to God. I could probably come close to finding for you every major verse in the Bible pertaining to fear. I know many of them by heart, but somewhere there is a missing link that keeps me from defeating it all together. I wish I could figure it out. I know that God is in control. Maybe that in it self is what I fear. Maybe deep down inside I believe that if in total control He will hurt me.
What a lie that is. A lie that I just realized as I was writing this that I have been believing. What does God's word say??
I think today I might have discovered the root of my fear. I think it might be the lack of faith in this truth:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: