Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 37 Never reason with sin

If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness!! He himself Has redeem Deidra from all of her sins. (Psalm 13)

My sin was enough to condemn me, but instead He was faithful to forgive me. I am taking just a tiny sip of that bitter cup- denying myself so that I can have more or Him.

Today at the conference they again had a plethora delicious looking sweets! This morning they had this chocolate coffee cake that looked SO good. At lunch right in front of my plate sat a beautiful piece of cheese cake with blueberry topping. I even tried to reason with myself wondering if maybe I could go with the “cheese” part and not consider it a sweet. Well the fact that it had “cake” at the end of it kind of made it obvious that it was off limits. Funny how even with sin sometimes we try to manipulate it into what we want it to be. We try to justify our actions or choices when we know good and well that we should just call it what it is. It’s sin and we can not compromise.
Just like that “cheese” was “CAKE’ and I was not to partake in it. Thankfully the Lord was right there waiting to help me resist and I did.

No comments: