Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 40 more conciousness

It’s only the first day and I am already being tested! After PE today the homeschool group went to the Pizza Hut buffet for lunch. Normally I would have just gone up and got a piece of dessert pizza without even thinking about it. I also would have gotten a Coke with my Pizza and not even thought twice about it.
Today I realized that sometimes my sin or disobedience (like my sweets) is something that I don’t even recognize or think twice about. I had to make a conscious effort today to say no to the coke and the dessert. I need to start making a more conscious effort to be obedient to Christ and to all that He has called for me to do (or not do!)
In the car on the way to church my husband was answering a question from one of the kids. Without even thinking twice, I butted in and corrected what he was saying. This actually irritated him and he even made a comment about it. This was a perfect example of me being disobedient to what God has told me (to be more respectful to my husband and his authority) and how with out even thinking about it I gave into sin. Just like I am having to be more aware of what I choose to put in my mouth, I need to be more aware of what comes out of my mouth and think about it before it does.

No comments: