Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 39 Faithful Unto Death

Today in Bible study we looked at the seriousness of Covenants we enter into and how serious God is about us keeping the covenants we make with Him and He with us. We looked at several examples of how God is even prepared to put to death those who are not obedient to Him. We looked at communion and how it symbolizes of our Covenant with Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:27-28 says: whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.

If I am going to claim to be in Covenant with Christ I need to examine my heart and ask Christ to point out to me where I need to be cleansed. I want to walk in a way worthy of being called His.

A few thoughts: True salvation leads to the obedience of faith…
Is salvation just belief with out obedience?
Surrender: a total committal of oneself -even unto death
Jesus died for my sins- He removed my sins

Christ was faithful unto death…..will I be faithful?? Or will I give in?

Giving up sweets is hard. I found my self craving anything and everything....Brady’s Nilla Wafers looked heavenly today. I opened up the fridge and could have sworn the chocolate pudding cup called me by name!
Being obedient to God is hard too. Can I handle it? Will I be faithful or will I give in to the desires of my flesh?

No comments: