Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Responding to revelation

I went in response to a revelation and set before them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. But I did this privately to those who seemed to be leaders, for fear that I was running or had run my race in vain. Galatians 2:2


Before I went to the Beth Moore Conference I said to a friend of mine "I am expecting a revelation this weekend." The night after I made that statement, I thought about it all evening. I asked myself..."am I really expecting a revelation??" Not just hoping for....wanting.....?? Finally I said to myself...No, I am expecting one.

Well, I about fell out my chair when one of the first things she said to us the first day was....."Girls, I sure hope you all came here expecting a revelation from the Lord!! Cuz, I believe each and everyone of you is gonna get one!"

Yes, I was expecting it, and yes, I got it!

The key word for me in Galatians2:2 is response. There is more to it than just receiving a revelation. We studied that this weekend. We came up with 3 steps in the process and I found this very interesting.
1~ the revelation it self: recognizing that Jesus is up to something new. Sometimes I feel the
need for a new revelation and pray for it, other times he has to hit me over the head to
get me to realize that it is time for some change.
2~ comprehension: grasping what it is that God wants to do; understanding it and realizing that
you want (or need) the change
3~ Apprehension: (Here is the one I think I tend to struggle with!) This is the response to the
revelation; grasping it and putting it into action!

That last one is truly the hard part for me. Sometimes I can keep going in circles in one same area. For example I have for a while known that God wants be to work more at having joy in all circumstances. He has been trying to point out to me my tendencies to think negatively and prompting me to make a change in my daily attitude with my husband and my children. I can do really well, but then when it gets to hard, or I let in one negative thought I end up spiralling back into my old ways and before I know it I am back to where I started.

I think #3 is the area that God really wants me to work on. I know the areas of my walk that he wants to make change, I just need to press harder to achieve it and not let my feelings or other obstacles get in my way. Making changes in any area of our lives can be hard. We learned this weekend about some of the obstacles that can keep us from getting there. I hope to have the time the rest of this week to put all my thoughts together on the 5 that we came up with.

It is so good and I can't wait, but for now Brayden and I are heading out to Pump it Up to get out of the house on this rainy day!! That is another "revelation" I am trying to put into action......The house is a disaster and I am behind on so many things, but my time with the kids should never be sacrificed! What a struggle that is for me. Especially today when there are piles of laundry in the living room and dirty dished in the sink.
They will still be here when we get back right??

No comments: