Monday, March 31, 2008

Fresh Highlights

I have to say, I am a girl that loves to get some fresh highlights in my hair. There is nothing better than the first 3 weeks after a great highlight. it is just one of those little indulgences I love and splurge on. The sad part about it is, that they don't last for ever. As I get older, I find that i have to go more and more often. After about 8 weeks or so I feel a little dull and need a little pick me up again! So, I call up my hair dresser and make an appointment to feel fresh and new again!

That is how I feel in my walk sometimes. There is nothing better than a fresh revelation from God. I pray for them often, and before I went to the Beth Moore Conference I said to a friend of mine "I am expecting a revelation this weekend." The night after I made that statement, I thought about it all evening. I asked myself..."am I really expecting a revelation??" Not just hoping for....wanting.....?? Finally I said to myself...YES, I am expecting one.

Well, I about fell out my chair when one of the first things she said to us the first day was....."Girls, I sure hope you all came here expecting a revelation from the Lord!! Cuz, I believe each and everyone of you is gonna get one!"

The Greek transliteration for revelation is the word "apokalypsis" meaning: a disclosure of truth, instruction. Some other descriptions I found were "uncovered" "revealed"
Thayer's Lexicon said: ~especially relating to the Christian Salvation-given to the soul by God Himself or through the operation of the Holy Spirit.

Fresh direction always comes from a revelation, and I knew that I needed some fresh direction in my life. I was feeling a little stagnant and needed to know what God wanted me to pursue next.
In our Christian life it is so important to keep moving forward. We need to keep seeking fresh direction and revelation from God.
I love the story in Exodus 34 of when Moses went up on the mountain and saw the Glory of God. When he came down the skin on his face shined, because He had heard from the Lord. Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw it, and knew that Moses had new revelation from God. He shined so bright he would wear a veil over his face, until it wore off and he went to hear from the Lord again.

When we receive fresh revelation from the Lord people notice because we shine! We are filled with a new joy and a bounce in our step. I always love it when I come home from getting a highlight at the salon and my husbands eyes light up. He always gives me sweet little "hot-mama" complements and I know he can see a fresh bounce in my step that he likes and finds attractive.

Just like it isn't long before I need new highlights to freshen up my hair, I need fresh revelations from God to keep my walk fresh and heading in the right direction.

I just love words and their meaning, so here is one more for today......Shine ~verb: 1: to emit rays of light 2: to be bright by reflection of light 3 a: to be eminent, conspicuous, or distinguished 4: to have a bright glowing appearance ;to make bright by polishing

No comments: