Friday, March 7, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

This week and last have been one of the busiest in a long time. We have several projects going on all around the house, and our kids have had one activity after another. The boys both have baseball, Tori has youth group activities, we have had 2 big school projects due this week, I have had baby showers and Bible studies, we have company coming in a week and a guest room that is in shambles..........the list could go on and on.
I have struggled each day to get up and do what I know I should do first. As soon as my slipper feet walk in the kitchen to turn on the coffee maker I start thinking in my head what I have to tackle today. "..I need to practice Zack's spelling words with him....oh no, I forgot Tori wanted me to proof read her book report last night......ah! I forgot to make Bob lunch for today......" I haven't even turned the kitchen light on and my head already feels like it is going to explode. Then this verse came to me......
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Mathew 11:28-39

I need write this out and put it right by my coffee maker where I can see it each morning as a reminder of where I need to be first thing each day.

No comments: