Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Obstacle #5 Difficulty

Bob is working in Tampa this week for a TDY and since it is Spring Break the kids and I decided to come with him. This entry comes on a day when I took 3 kids by myself to Busch Gardens!! Taking 3 kids to the lobby for breakfast was hard enough!! Making it through a day in an amusement park with thousands of other people was going to be a task!
Before we left I had to get my head on straight and realize that with God's help I could do this, and I did. I only lost the 2 big kids once for about 15 minutes. Brady fell on the concrete and got 2 bloody knees and a goose egg on his head, but over all I had a good attitude all day and we all had lots of fun.
The thing about difficulties is that while the enemy intends for it to slow us down an make us weak, God intends for it to strengthen us and make us stronger. I realized a while back that I was saying way too often " I just can't do it" or "I just can't do that" The truth is, I can do ANYthing through God who strengthens me. It is time to stop being a wimp and tap into God's power and not my own. Even if we think it is going to kill us (and sometimes I think parenting just might!)it's ok.......God is an expert in bringing life from death right?? Let's let Him show how good he is. When we accomplish that "impossible" task, wee will only be able to look back and know that God carried us through it! We bring Him no glory if we just sit there and say we can't do it!
Today I will be taking them all to the mall followed by Chuck E Cheese! Tomorrow I will drive us 6 hours home by myself. Bob has to stay until Monday. Pray for me that I will trust in God's power and not my own! :-)


Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. Psalm 145:3-6

No comments: