Tuesday, February 26, 2008

learning what I teach

If you where to ask me what I struggle to teach my kids more than anything else, I would with out a doubt say obedience. Having said this, I have to confess that this has only brought me to a constant realization that I struggle so very much with the same issue myself.

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. 2John 1:6
This verse made me think today..... The way that I show God that I truly love him is by obedience to Him. I think He tests me on this quite often. I am sad to say that I often fail.

This morning I have to confess that I was disrespectful to my husband. Something made me so mad and although I knew that I should not approach him about it, I let me flesh lead me and did exactly what I felt God telling me NOT to do.
you are to obey his commands instead of following your own desires and going your own ways, as you are prone to do. Num. 15:39

Now I have spent the whole morning feeling bad about my choice, and wishing I had just obeyed. Which brings me to another little thing I have been teaching Brayden......Obeying makes us happy, disobeying makes us sad. It felt good at the moment to tell my husband how I really felt and get it off my chest, but it only lasted for a moment. Now it feels "sad" and I wish I had chosen the better.

This is my prayer for today.....
Lord I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. Today I am ever grateful for your forgiveness and the the truth that if I confess my sins, you are faithful and just and will forgive my sins and purify me from all my unrighteousness. Amen

1 comment:

BlessedMama said...

Thanks for such an encouraging blog spot! I really enjoy your site!