Tuesday, February 12, 2008

God's Peace

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

This weekend and yesterday I have been extremely busy for me. I have several projects around the house that I have started and been unable to complete, my husband has painting and other "house" projects that I have had to help with, I start leading a new Bible study at church tomorrow night that I am completely unprepared for, my house is completely in shambles, and I feel like I am in over my head. I have to admit, that I have had no time in the word, and limited time in prayer over the past week. As you can imagine, this has brought me no where but to a place of anxiety and lack of peace.

Yesterday I spiraled into a full blown anxiety attack about something completely unrelated to anything on my to-do list. It had to do with a fear that came over me, and it was so bad that I got physically sick over it. I even had a moment when I doubted and questioned my faith. That situation taught me how quickly I can fall away from God and my faith ad trust that He is in control of all things.

Today reading Philippians 4 I realized 2 things. One I have not been rejoicing in all things and two I have not been praying and presenting my needs to the Lord. Thus, resulting in my lack of God's peace which is the only way to guard my heart and mind. When I become anxious or overwhelmed in my circumstances, I am not trusting God.

Today I read this sharp quote that cut me deep........"Anxiety or lack of trust is a species of "unconscious blasphemy" against God"

Wow! I think I better get my act together. This morning, against the will of my flesh, I went into a long time of prayer and was amazed at how quickly that brought me back to where I need to be......... rejoicing in the Lord and protected by His peace which will stand guard against the anxieties that want to attack my heart and mind.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Praying for you! I've been thinking some of these same thoughts. I'll share tomorrow. :)

Michelle