Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cast your burdens

Cast your burdens upon the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous to be shaken. Psalm 55:22

Sometimes I can get so frustrated with how early my day starts, and how little time I get to spend in the Word before my busy morning hits full speed. Today I only had time to read this one little verse, and it spoke multitudes to me. When I first read it I said..."Lord, then why do I always feel shaken?" The answer was so obvious. The verse it self gives me my answer......because I do not cast my burdens on the Lord!!
Why do I do this?? Why do I let myself get so bent out of shape about things my kids do or things that are not going the way I would like them to? I choose to take it on myself rather than praying and casting it upon the Lord.

I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2

Hmmmm...looks like I really have no excuse to be "shaken", except that I am not letting the Lord do His job.


No comments: