Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Being Cheerful

All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15


Last night I hardly slept at all. I was woken up twice, once by each of my boys, and then after over an hour of trying to get back to sleep I woke up with a terrible leg crap that would not go away. I would probably be pushing it if I guessed that maybe I got 3-4 hours of sleep. When I am pregnant, for some reason, my body only chooses to sleep in spurts all through the night. I know this is common, but it can really wear me down after a while.

I have been convicted lately of not letting my circumstances effect my ability to show joy and gladness. I woke up this morning thinking about my entry this past Sunday when I woke up to a bright and sunny morning and "felt" like rejoicing and being cheerful. The true test is when it is a dark rainy day like today and I am extremely tired and don't really "feel" cheerful. Can I can still give God the praise and honor that he deserves? Can I still give my family the gift of a cheerful mother and a happy wife? This morning I had to practice something I tell my kids all the time....A cheerful look brings joy to the heart..... proverbs 15:30

Try it! It really works. It is impossible to be grumpy or angry when there is a smile on your face. Even if it is fake one at first, I can feel my attitude gradually change when I chose a joyful look.

I read this quote this morning from Marie Freeman..."God is good, and heaven is forever. And if this does not cheer you up, nothing will!"

It reminded me of my blog on Sunday ".......Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the father. What else really matters right??"
But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. Psalm 68:3

No comments: