Sunday, February 24, 2008

the glory of the morning

at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

This morning I woke up to the most beautiful bright sunshine beaming into my bedroom. It was so wonderful that it prompted me to get my Bible, a cup of coffee, and head out to my back porch before touching anything in the house. We moved our boys in together yesterday, and I think the idea of being with each other has some how made them comfortable enough to sleep in a little longer today, or maybe it could be the fact that they were up giggling and playing until 11:00 last night!! Either way, I am enjoying it!!

As I came out here on the porch and just soaked up the beauty of the morning, I tried to think of a verse to sum it up, and as I started to read Philippians, I came across 2:10-11 and realized that it just says it all. Jesus Christ is the Lord! He is the glory of the Father. Nothing else really matters. If this morning is so bright and splendid that I can hardly see the screen of my lap top (I better proof read this typing when I get back inside!) how much more breath taking will it be when I stand before the Lord one day!!
I need to wake up to more days like this....not confessing that the dish washer needs emptied, the living room is a mess and the washer and dryer both are full with 2 other loads waiting to go in, not that I have 3 kids and myself to get ready for church this a.m., but just opening my eyes to the morning saying.......Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the father. What else really matters right??

No comments: