Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Living in Purity and Holiness

I came across this verse this morning during my quiet time in 2 Corinthians and used it as a prayer for myself.
It is from 2 Corinthians 6:3-4; 6-7; & 10
Lord I want to live in such a way that no one will stumble because of me, and no one will find fault with my ministry. In everything I do, I will show that I am a true minister of God. I patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind.
I prove myself by my purity, my understanding, my patience, my kindness, by the Holy Spirit within me, and by my sincere love. I faithfully preach the truth. God's power is working in me. I use weapons of righteousness in the right hand for attack and the left hand for defense.
Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.


Lord help me to live in a way that is true to this prayer. I know that I have not always, and I know that even still I will time and again fail, but with your help Lord I want to live a life of Holiness, growing more in my Faith and Righteousness everyday.

No comments: