Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beauty out of messes

Ever since we moved here this summer I have been struggling to figure out what God's plan is for me and for my time here in Michigan. I am finally settled in and am wanting God to show me where to serve and how to minister. When we were in New Mexico and during the first part of our time in Florida God was really leading me in the way of women's ministry. He was opening so many doors and opportunities to speak, teach, and minister to woman. I enjoyed it SO much and was amazed at the good work God was doing in me and and in the women around me.

About half way through our time in Florida (and during what seemed like the peak of my ministry and walk with the Lord) a lot happened in my life. With out divulging all the details I will just say that I went through one of the biggest trials of my life. My family, my faith and my life as I knew it was forever changed by trial and quite frankly tragedy.

Although with the Lords help the pieces have slowly and prayerfully been put back together, I feel like it has taken me a good almost 2 years to really get to a place where I can think about ministry again. When tragedy hit my life my ministry came to a screeching halt and instead of ministering to others, I spent 2 years allowing God to minister to me and my broken heart.

I'm still seeking Him for the strength and wisdom, but I know that my heart does desire to lead and teach again. When you have been to the lowest of your lows sometimes it is hard to convince your self again that you have anything to give to anyone else from the mess of a pit inside yourself. But God does make beauty out of messes....that I suppose is what He wants us to share the most!

No comments: