Wednesday, August 20, 2008

looking to serve

Brady got a McDonalds gift card from my grandmother for his Birthday so yesterday when the big kids had school and he did not I look him out for lunch to use it. We ordered our food and then went to make our drinks. As I was doing this they called out our order. I looked over at the tray with our 2 happy meals on it I realized that I would have to take the drinks and the baby to the table first and come back for the food.

When I got to the table and got everything settled I turned around to go back and get our food and a man came up behind me and set down our tray. He said..."it looked like you had your hands full." I thanked him for being so kind and then had this thought.

Carrying that tray to my table was such a small thing, but it really blessed me. It made me ask myself...."am I always looking for ways to serve others?" The man saw a need, and acted on it quickly.

That is my prayer today.......For God to open my eyes to ways (even little ones) that I can serve others. And for me to act quickly. Not to think about it or ponder on it like I tend to do, but to just see a need and act.

Looking back now I wish I would have used that time to talk to Brayden about serving others and pointed out how kind that man was to us. Maybe he will still remember if I talk to him about it today.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I don't always think of the right thing to say, either. It seems a lot of my discussions happen hours or days after an incident.

Perhaps God deliberately brought it to your mind later for a purpose.

I'm glad to see you up and blogging again. Praying for you.