Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Feelings

In this season of my life I am "feeling" a lot of things.
I am feeling tired.....I feel overwhelmed ....... I am not feeling very skinny......I don't feel very organized.....I actually have been feeling very distant from God spiritually at times.....I don't have as much time as I have in the past to really dig deep into the Word like I am used to. I don't feel filled with the Holy Spirit.

As I said all these things to my friend the other day she pointed out the obvious thing that I didn't even hear myself saying over and over again......all these things are based on my "feelings".
Yesterday my husband and I went to Chili's and shared a big bacon cheese burger followed by a yummy dessert. When we were finished I felt so yuck and fat the rest of the day. This morning after eating all that I still got dressed feeling so "fat"! Well I wentto my son's orientation at school and a girl there complimented me on how great I looked. She said I didn't even look like I had had a baby. She and another girl went on and on about how great I looked already.
WOW!! All the sudden this afternoon I feel so skinny!!!!!!

Am I really any skinnier today than I was yesterday??? NO! The truth is I am only "feeling" one way or the other based on my circumstances, or even what someone else told me!

The same is true about my spiritual walk. I can not base my relationship with the Lord on my "feelings". I am just as filled with the Holy spirit now as I have always been. My circumstances may be different, and I am may not "feel" as spiritual as I may have at other times, but God is working in me all the time, and I need to speak and act in a way that reflects his righteousness all the time despite how I might be "feeling".

No comments: