Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good influence

Victoria is participating in youth week this week at church. They are out doing community service in the mornings followed by fun and fellow ship in the afternoons and praise and worship in the evening. It is always a long but really fun week for our youth.

Since we moved here last summer I have prayed for Victoria to find new friends. Because she was home schooled, this was a hard thing for her. In my prayers I would always ask that she find friends of good influence. Every time she is away from me I always pray that she be surrounded by good influence.

Well yesterday I came to the realization of something......good influence at Victoria's age is hard to find. Especially when limited to the idea that most of her friends are 12 and 13 years old. Instead, why not pray that she make the right choices in the midst of bad influence. I can also pray that she be a good influence to those she is around. I think this is a more realistic approach to praying for her. It also shows her that I have the confidence in her that she knows right from wrong and is mature enough to make the right decisions despite the influences around her. That is something she will benefit from even in her adult life.

No comments: