Thursday, September 8, 2011

In His strength

I have been finding myself so discouraged lately with all that I have to do and how little I am accomplishing in a day. I feel like I used to be so on top of things and get so much more done.  It has made me do a lot of grumbling and complaining!  I realized this morning that maybe being a little more tired and a feeling overwhelmed at times is God's way of humbleing me. 

When I used to be the "doer" and never tired or got behind I think I might have been a little prideful.  I never would have admitted it but at times I would look at other people and think...."man you need to get it together..or...why is she not as productive as I am?"  It's been a long time since I had silly thoughts like that but it's true.  Well, about 2 or 3 kids later, a crazy busy schedule, an over worked husband and a few health issues later, I find myself very much humbled.  I used to think I did all those things in God's strength, but the truth is I was doing it in my own.  I was proud of how fast I was and how much I could do in a day.  Now I realize more than ever that I can do NOTHING with out the help of God's and in his strength.

Being humbled begins with realizing that I NEED Christ everyday in every way. I can not do anything with out His help. I can not be a good mother- a loving wife- a thoughtful friend - a caring neighbor - I cannot do anything without the help and encouragement of the one who gives me strength. I have learned after many times of trying to do all these things on my own strength that I will always fail. I will grow weary over time and fall. Even "thinking" I can do any of these things on my own strength is Pride. Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

No comments: