Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No time for that lie

When I first started this blog I was starting it with a friend who too was starting one. Following in her idea I started out trying to share each day something God was teaching me spiritually as I sought to do just as my blog is named....Seek Him First. Sometime in the last few days as I sat trying to think about what to post I let the enemy feed a little lie to me. A lie that made me wonder for a moment if I really ever had anything of Spiritual importance to write anymore. Great things used to just come to me, but for some reason with four kids (consisting of a teenager, a tween, an elementary schooler and preschooler!) and a husband.....my life has seemed almost so overwhelming sometimes that I barely have time to think about what to make for dinner better yet what God has taught me today. So what the enemy wanted me to think is that God isn't teaching me anything....I don't have the TIME for Him to teach me anything. Well I know that just simply isn't true. As I was in a rush making dinner tonight I realized that there were 5 minutes left on the kitchen timer before my food was due out of the oven. As most nights are in this house we had a lot going on this evening and dinner could not be late. Everything was ready to go so with 5 minutes on the timer I wondered in my head what I could do with this spare 5 minutes....facebook...e-mail....then God prodded....I could pray. I walked in the office sat on the chair and gave the Lord 5 minutes of prayer. Even when that timer went off I pulled out dinner to cool and went back for 5 minutes more. ;) What I learned during this 10 minutes of prayer is that the only thing I don't have time for is the enemies lies. Yes, my life is crazy, yes my life is busy, but even in all the rushed wild craziness the Lord is teaching me things every single day. And as I continue to Seek Him First, He will continue to teach me and show me all that He wants me to know.

No comments: