Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No time for anything!

I noticed my last my post was called "no time for that lie".....today I realized I have no time for anything! !! My goodness.... weeks goes by so quickly and where does it go? The older my kids get the less time I seem to have. For some reason I thought it would be the opposite!! As busy as my life is, I pray that God will help me to see His goodness and show His love even in the chaos of this season of my life. So grateful to serve my husband and my children in love, as hard as that may be sometimes. That reminds me of a conversation I had with one of my very best friends just a few days ago. We have been trying to plan to see each other for months. We had looked into a Lake House in Holland Michigan that belongs to one of her family members. The idea of a girls getaway had us both giddy with excitement. As we tried to put the whole thing together one obstacle after another kept coming up. Her husband is in school in the DC area and mine is at the brink of major career and life changes. Between home school conventions, spring break, husbands work and school schedules.....this girls getaway began to get more and more impossible. We both fell into the temptation of frustration and discouragement. As much as we wanted this time together, and actually felt deserving of it for that matter, we also came to the conclusion that this was not God's time. As hard as it was to accept, this time was a time for us to serve our husbands and our children. Sacrificing that which we both so badly desired. Our Lord sacrificed every thing for us...unto death He gave of himself. Why is it so hard for me to do the same? This is something I am still still seeking to understand, but for now I am being obedient and trusting that God has a perfect time. For now we will serve with joyful hearts! He will tell us when the perfect time is to see my sweet friend. There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven~ Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 comment:

Kelly said...

ahhhhhh, your sweet friend misses you like ca-razy!!!!!! I cant wait to see God work out our visit. It will be for His glory, not our own!!! I love you!!!!