Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 33 Trusting like Christ

In case you can't tell I am counting backwards toward the end of this journey towards Easter. It feels like it has been a month already and it has only been a week!
Tonight at church the pastor talked about how Jesus knew he was going to be crucified as he went through the weeks of Lent. It was probably one of the hardest times of his life here on earth. He knew he was getting ready to die, yet he maintained his focus and lived each day with a trust in God. Knowing that even though these times where hard God had a perfect plan and was going to take care of Him. Our pastor encourages us to look at the hardships in our lives. Are we living through them with a trust in God and a knowing that good always comes through our trials.
Times are not always easy and sometimes I don't know why God just can't do things my way to make it "easier"!
I heard this little statement last night that made me think a lot about God's sovereignty....
"nothing happens in the life of a Christ follower with out the heavenly Father's permission"

That reminds me that no matter what I am struggling with it must be God's plan for me, so I must handle it with a joyful heart, trusting in God just like Christ did.

How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension! Psalm 147:5

No comments: