Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Year New growth

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

When you're a mom is it possible to ever have a day without trials of many kinds? It doesn't seems so in my household. It has been a crazy season around here, and some days I find it hard to keep up. As I meditated on this verse today I realized that all the struggles I face each day are always growing my faith and drawing me closer to God. Oh how I long to be mature and complete, lacking nothing. I know that will take time....and lots of trials, but I look forward to this new year and seeing how God will test and grow my faith. Drawing me closer and closer to lacking nothing. One hour, one day, one week, one month, one year at a time!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hasn't it been a year of trials? Haven't we grown so much? Aren't we excited about growing and being stretched even more into God's woman of faith? I found myself thanking Him today for each past trial and the ones I know are around the corner. I'm delighted in being made MORE LIKE JESUS.