Thursday, January 10, 2008

Believe and not doubt

But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. James 1:6

This is the very next verse after the one I wrote about yesterday. I pondered on this verse and realized that is exactly how I feel when I ask for God's wisdom during a situation like the one I wrote about yesterday......like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind..
I feel as if I ask for God to help me, and then as I wait, my mind goes in a million different directions and I end up with nothing. I meditate on this all afternoon and prayed that God would show me why I do this. Last night it came to me.
While I am asking God for wisdom, my mind is going off and trying to figure it out myself. I start thinking about what so and so would do or how I think my other friend might handle this....have I read anything that tells me what to do in this situation?? Maybe I should as the pediatrician??? Call my mom???
All this after I just asked God for His wisdom. No wonder I can't hear Him. I have to learn to block out all the other outside influences, and believe and not doubt that He himself will give me an answer. I have to stop worry about what others will think or what they would do, and seek God and how he would want me to handle it.

Last night as we sat down for dinner I poured out Zack's medicine and handed it to him. I said I wanted him to drink it before dinner so we did not have to fight over it after eating. He took the cup from me and said...."ok, what can I drink after it?" I said "how about your milk?" He said..."no, some water." He poured a glass of water, drank down the medicine followed by his water and then sat down at the table to eat! My mouth dropped to the floor and I didn't know what to think!
Thinking about it later, I realized that God did not give me wisdom the form of a technique or a tactic to get him to take the medicine, but instead He gave me wisdom as to how great He is and sometimes He can just do it for me and I don't have to do a thing!

No comments: