Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our Story here

I love to take pictures and while I am not a scrapbooker, I do like to put them in albums so my children can take them off the bookshelf and look at them. Each book is labeled with the dates of the pictures inside and I love them because I feel like they tell the story of our life together as a family.

I have been behind on pictures and albums almost the entire time we have lived here. I ordered all the pictures a while back but have had them in stacks waiting to go in the albums for months. Since we are moving soon I have been motivated to get them in the albums so we can pack them for the move.

Today as I filled the albums with pictures starting right about the time we moved here to Florida. I struggled not to get really sad about the time that has gone by so quickly here. It seems like we just moved here and yet in just a week or so from now it will have been 3 years. I don't even think I realized until looking through the pictures today how much we have actually done while stationed here. It has been a great time and I will miss it so much.

You never take pictures of the bad times or the trials, yet so often those are the things that you always remember the most. Looking at my pictures today I didn't see all the trials we experienced while here in Panama City. What I saw were trips to the beach, Birthday party's, house remodeling, visits from friends and family, lost teeth, stitches, haircuts, even a sweet baby brother being born! Blueberry picking, Thanksgiving Dinners, church activities. Every picture told a part of the story. The story of our life here in Panama City. What a fun and exciting story it has been. I will not be sad about it though as I have struggled with all day! I will be joyful and thankful for the blessing Panama City has been to me and my family. God is so good and he always has good plans for us! We just have to take the time to see His side of the story!

No comments: