Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Long Lost Blog!!

Ok so tonight something sparked my memory of this long lost blog that I have neglected for so long. It reminded me of how much I grew when I really took the time each day to ask myself “What did God teach me today and in what ways did I seek Him first?” Then journal (or blog I guess would be the term!) about it. I didn’t realize how much I missed that. But of course lots happened over this last year and I think maybe it was perfectly in God’s plan for me to take some time off. Maybe I’ll try to get back in to it if I can. It probably won’t be everyday…especially since we are supposed to be packed out of this house in like 6 weeks! But, I’ll try my best.
God is definitely working in my life even if I don’t have time to blog about it. Right now he is helping me to work through the idea of moving this summer and homeschooling next year. I have been so hesitant to make that final decision about doing it. (home schooling not moving…that I don’t have a choice about!) I asked the Lord to help me the other day to see why it is that I am having such a hard time with it. I know that I want to be with my children because they are growing so fast and I feel like it is going to be over in a flash. I know that I want to be able to instill Godly values in them. I know that it would be valuable to them, so why is it that I am so afraid of it? Little by little the Lord has been giving me answers.
The first one is: With all that has happened in our family in the past year our home has been a little chaotic. We have slacked off in our parenting and not been as diligent in our disciplining. There is whining and disobedience, disrespect and dishonor. It has all snuck in so slyly. This week I realized that if I want to home school we have to restore the order in our home.
But if you will look to God and plead with the Almighty, if you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your rightful place. Job 8:5-6
And secondly: The Lord showed me that I am worried with what others will think. My husband’s family in Michigan and mine in Chicago will be so close now and I can already feel myself starting to concern myself with what they think. I know better. I must choose God over man.
Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

3 comments:

Amanda Kaake said...

Big hugs. I know we have not yet in person yet, but we are here to support you. My family was not on board at all with homeschooling for years. You are so right, whose approval are we trying to win? If God has called you to homeschooling, He will equip you to do just that. Don't worry about others, just follow His will. We serve an amazing God! See you soon :)

Kelly said...

You go girl. I love you

Always Leave Room For Grace said...

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that I came across your blog by putting the words "believe and not doubt" into Google. Funny I ended up coming to a blog site of a fellow Christian female, wife, mom and homeschooler??!

Keep up the writing when you have time. Something you wrote from back in January 2008 encouraged me today.


Jan~