Tuesday, April 12, 2011

He's always working

I remember when we bought this house the lady that owned it before us told me a whole list of things that were planted in the yard that would come up in the Spring.  I had forgotten about it until just this weekend when I began to see some of the little green shoots peeking out of the ground ALL over the yard, around the trees and in the flower beds.  It is kind of exciting seeing and knowing that something beautiful is coming but not really knowing what.
God is constantly at work in our lives in this same way.  We don't always know what God is up to but we do know that what ever God is doing it is going to be good and beautiful. I am so thankful that He wants to make me righteous, holy, and good just like Himself.  I know that in order to achieve this He is constantly working in my life and in my heart.  I think sometimes we can begin to feel a little stagnant. Maybe not "seeing" God working or what it is He is doing in our lives at the very moment.  Maybe just like I have been writing about, we are in a "waiting" time. But just like those flowers in my yard, God is still working. 


I haven't really "seen" anything going on in the yard or in those flower beds, but obviously something has been at work or those little green shoots wouldn't be peeking out right now.  I am not always sure what God is up to, but I do know that we can find encouragement in the fact that God is always working!  I am looking forward to seeing what will come out of those flowers in the yard, and I am looking forward to seeing what God is working on in my heart right now.  Even if I don't really "see" a whole lot going on at the moment.

No comments: